Heights, Sights & Vines
Need a break? This is just what you have been waiting for! Take a flight, see the sights, and sip some local wines. There’s so much to love about Canberra.
Limited Time Only!
Valued up to $650 pp.
*Offer ends 31 December 2021.
Excludes booking fee.
Take in stunning views of Canberra and across to the Brindabella Ranges on a hot air balloon flight with award-winning Balloon Aloft Canberra.
Take part in a Canberra Secrets half-day Highlights Tour and check out city sights and visit some of the national attractions.
Take off to Lake George Winery to sample some of their finest wines.
Here's what's included:
Hot air balloon flight with Balloon Aloft Canberra
Half Day Canberra Highlights Tour with Canberra Secrets Personalised Tours
Wine tasting at Lake George Winery, with discounted featured wines
Here's how this package works
Step 4: Have fun!
– Please allow a minimum of 48 hours minimum when booking.
– Heights, Sights & Vines package patrons must be double vaxxed and show vaccination certificates on demand unless you can provide a valid exemption.)
Your Balloon Aloft Canberra Flight
Discover Canberra from above, just on sunrise. Marvel at the stunning views of the Canberra landscape and across to the Brindabella Range, with Balloon Aloft Canberra. This exceptional experience above the capital will be one to tick off your bucket list.
Flight duration is approximately 45 minutes to 60 minutes.
You will meet for registration and briefing in the foyer of Canberra´s premier five star hotel, The Park Hyatt, located on Commonwealth Avenue, Yarralumla, just two minutes from Parliament House. Meeting time will be advised when you book this package. The optimum departure time is early morning as the sun fills the valley and lakes with soft morning light. Passengers arrive at the Hyatt Hotel, approximately half an hour before sunrise.
Weather, Mechanical, Staffing and Other Safety Conditions
Hot air ballooning relies on suitable weather conditions in order to proceed safely. Additionally, flights may be dependent on mechanical performance or staffing availability. When conditions are deemed by Balloon Aloft Canberra to be unsuitable or unsafe to proceed, then trips may not go ahead on the scheduled date. Similarly, a trip may be postponed due to less than minimum numbers being achieved. Balloons may not always fly over the central area of Canberra. While pilots will endeavour to fly as close to the lake and national attractions as possible, flight paths are determined by the most up to date meteorological conditions to ensure the safest possible flight for all concerned.
Rebooking Your Flight
If your flight has been cancelled due to inclement weather conditions, please contact Balloon Aloft Canberra office as soon as possible to rebook. Payment received for your flight will be held in credit and applied to the rebooking. Rebooking must be made within 12 months of the purchase date of your original proposed flight. There will be no refunds for bookings held on the Balloon Aloft Canberra system for longer than 12 months. Being a weather-dependant activity it may take several attempts to fly.
Your Canberra Secrets Highlights Tour
Discover Canberra on the ground, with your afternoon half-day Canberra Secrets Highlights Tour. Learn the backstories and symbolism of Canberra and visit some of the major attractions. This may include Parliament House, Old Parliament House, Australian War Memorial for the Last Post Ceremony, viewing the attractions around the Parliamentary Triangle and taking in the city vista from Mount Ainslie. (Please note that itineraries will vary depending on available access to national attractions and their COVID Safety requirements.)
Your small-group tour starts at 1 pm. You will be collected from your hotel or the city CBD and returned around 5.30 pm.
Delight in discovering the very best of the nation’s capital. Canberra Secrets Tours requires all patrons to be double vaxxed, unless you hold a valid exemption. Vaccination/exemption certificates to be produced on entry.
Your Lake George Winery wine tasting
Sip some wines. At a time to suit, head out to enjoy a wine tasting experience like no other at Lake George Winery, just off the Federal Highway, 173 Vineyards Road, Lake George. (Please note, travel to Lake George Winery is self drive, 40 minutes from Canberra CBD.)
Lake George Winery is family owned and operated and is located on the north-western shores of mysterious Lake George. Located 700m above sea level, the cool-climate award-wining wines are produced with minimal interference. Grapes are hand picked. Sustainable practises are followed and the wine is vegan friendly.
Taste award-wining wines: Pinot Gris, Riesling, Rose, Tempranillo, and Shiraz and learn about some of the region’s finest wines.
As part of your Heights, Sights & Vines package, you will receive a voucher for your wine tasting at Lake George Winery. This also includes discounts on wines featured in the wine tasting experience. Voucher can be redeemed on a date to suit, within 36 months of package purchase. Please book your wine tasting prior to your visit to the winery.
Cellar Door hours are Thursday to Sunday 11am to 4pm. Wine tasting bookings can be made outside of these hours by prior arrangement.
Bookings can be made on the day or via email. NSW regulations require all patrons to be double vaxxed. Vaccination certificates to be produced on entry. email@example.com
"*" indicates required fields
Terms and Conditions
Balloon Aloft Canberra Pty Ltd
ABN 14 076 174 680
Important: Please ensure that all members of your party have been made aware of the following conditions. Your acceptance of these conditions is a term of supply of the Services. By paying for and accepting supply of the Service, you agree to be bound by these conditions. If you do not accept these conditions you should contact Balloon Aloft Canberra immediately and prior to accepting supply of the Service. Treat your ticket similar to that of any other Airline ticket as our Terms and Conditions are comparable to the rest of the Aviation Industry.
Under no circumstances will Balloon Aloft Canberra be liable for direct, indirect, consequential or incidental damages, including but not limited to lost or damaged property, lost profits or savings or damages or disappointment. You will be required to complete an indemnity form prior to flying. Balloon Aloft Canberra may arrange for your flight to be carried out by another balloon company to be performed under a ‘code-sharing’ arrangement, i.e. it may subcontract another ballooning company to provide you with your flight. In such instances, Balloon Aloft Canberra accepts no liability in connection with such services or for any loss, injury, or damage to or in respect of any person or property. Balloon Aloft Canberra reserves the right to alter contents of products and location when deemed necessary.
ALTERATION & CANCELLATION OF A BOOKING
In the unfortunate event you should have to alter or cancel your booking certain fees & conditions apply: (Please Note: it is also considered a cancellation if you wish to alter or re-schedule your confirmed flight date):
– Within 72 hours prior to a weekday or a weekend flight no changes are permitted – passengers are advised to make their own insurance provisions in case of unforeseen circumstances including being unwell to fly due to illness. Under no circumstances will flights be refunded or re-scheduled if passengers cancel or do not show for their ballooning experience on the morning of the scheduled flight.
– Between 72 hours and 7 days prior to rescheduling a weekday, weekend or Public Holiday flight – a $50 per person rebooking fee will be charged; weekday flights will need to be re-scheduled on a weekday flight only, excluding public holidays.
Cancellation fees are strictly non-refundable. You will lose the full cost of your flight if you fail to show up for your flight. You may send someone else in your place if you wish – please let us know the name of the replacement person before the flight. You cannot receive a refund on any trips booked using a gift certificate. (See Section 4) NB: Separate cancellation and alteration provisions apply to large groups and customised events. These are specified on the group booking documentation supplied. Balloon Aloft Canberra reserves the right to amend these fees and notice periods. When special circumstances arise, some of these Terms and Conditions may be superseded by those published on your booking confirmation documentation.
For terms and conditions relating to accommodation packages, please refer to your accommodation confirmation.
FAILURE TO SHOW
You will lose the full cost of your flight if you fail to show for your flight no matter what the reason. No refunds or flight rescheduling are allowed. You may send someone else in your place if you wish. Please let us know the name of the replacement person before the flight. If you are unduly concerned about your ability to attend the flight, travel insurance is recommended (contact your Insurance Broker). NB: Separate cancellation and alteration provisions apply to large groups and customised events. These are specified on the group booking documentation supplied. Balloon Aloft Canberra reserves the right to amend these fees and notice periods.
We do not fly pregnant ladies past 10 weeks of their gestation period, the disabled or people recovering from major operations.
Canberra Secrets PTY LTD
Terms and Conditions
You agree that by booking a tour with us, these Terms and Conditions will apply to your booking with us as well as all other interactions and communications between us. You acknowledge that these terms and conditions may be updated from time to time.
- You agree to provide us with all the information we request to allow us to assess and process your booking.
- We reserve the right to accept or decline your booking.
- The minimum age for participation in a tour is 8 years old. If you wish to attend a tour with a child below the age of 8, please contact us in writing. You acknowledge that the child may be able to attend if prior arrangements can be made, but we cannot guarantee that such arrangements will be available.
- If you or any person for whom you make a booking is under the age of 18, you must ensure that:
- you have obtained parental/guardian consent, and
- the minor is accompanied by a person over the age of 18 throughout the duration of the tour,
unless otherwise agreed in writing by us.
- Minimum numbers
- The minimum number on most tours is 2 persons unless otherwise arranged/stated by Canberra Secrets.
- Canberra Secrets will advise those who book tours that don’t reach the minimum number required, that they will be offered a new time/date or a refund.
- Booking procedure/ Paying for your tour
- To reserve a place on a tour individuals or small groups, you must pay the full tour cost as displayed on the website or by agreement, at the time of booking, or at least 24 hours before a tour, unless otherwise agreed in writing by Canberra Secrets.
- Your booking will not be confirmed until full payment is received or where negotiated, the deposit is received.
- We will confirm your booking with you in writing via email.
- We have a binding contract with you from the time that we receive your full payment or deposit.
- We reserve the right to refuse any booking for any reason whatsoever up to the start of a tour where we do not believe that a person is suitable to attend a tour.
- Tour price
- At the time of booking we will advise you of the tour price.
- All prices are quoted and all payments must be made in Australian Dollars.
- Where there is a conflict in pricing and inclusions of standard tours, the information displayed on the Website is the information that takes precedence. Tour participants will be required to pay all other costs unless otherwise stated on the website or via Canberra Secrets correspondence.
- We reserve the right to alter the tour price prior to the date of the tour for any reason, such as a change to the Goods and Services Tax (GST), a significant change in our costs of supply, a change in the nature of the tour, or a change in applicable laws and regulations.
- Conducting your tour
- By booking a tour with us, you agree to:
- comply with our Code of Conduct,
- follow all reasonable directions providing by us prior to and during the tour, and
- sign any permissions or waivers reasonably required by us, which will be provide to you at the time of confirming your booking.
- Irrespective of confirmation of booking, you will not be allowed to commence the tour if you:
- have not paid the tour price in full; or
- have not signed the waiver; or
- are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, chills, a cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose or loss of sense of smell or taste.
- are not double vaxxed, or have an appropriate exemption for vaccination
- You acknowledge may not be allowed to continue on the tour if you do not comply with our Code of Conduct.
- Changes to bookings and cancellations by the customer
- If you need to make changes to your booking after we have accepted it, you must request the change in writing with as much notice as possible.
- While we will do our best to accommodate your request, you acknowledge that we may not be able to comply with your request.
- We reserve the right to refuse your request or to charge you an administrative fee at a rate necessary to cover the costs associated with your request. We will inform you of the amount of the administrative fee in such a case.
- To ensure any fees are kept to a minimum, please provide at least 24 hours’ notice of a change.
- For private tours, personalised tours/large groups/corporate groups, etc small changes will be attempted to be accommodated accordingly, but significant changes require a minimum of 5 days’ notice.
- If for any reason you cancel your booking your cancellation must be via email (in writing). Depending when we receive your cancellation notice, the following scale of payment applies:
- For individuals/small groups, there is no refund for tours cancelled within the last 24 hours.
- For private tours, personalised tours/large groups/corporate groups there is no refund on cancellations 7 days prior to tour date.
- We strongly recommend taking out travel cancellation insurance.
- In the event of a no-show, all monies will be forfeited and any vouchers will become invalid.
- Changes to bookings and cancellations by Canberra Secrets
- We will endeavour to ensure every tour goes ahead, however we reserve the right to postpone or cancel a tour at any time prior to the commencement of the tour.
- Sometimes details/content on tours need to be varied for reasons beyond our control. We will do our best to provide a tour of similar or equal quality and content.
- We reserve the right to engage another tour company to fulfil our tour booking on our behalf, if, due to circumstances out of our control, Canberra Secrets is unable to conduct the tour. Every effort will be made to make this as seamless as possible for the tour participant and for the same tour (or similar) content to be covered.
- If we cancel your booking and/or the tour prior to commencement for one of the following reasons, we may retain any payments made by you.
- as a result of you breaching these Terms and Conditions or
- attempting to commence a tour while experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or
- the occurrence of an event beyond our control
- If we are required to cancel your booking and/or the tour prior to commencement for a reason other than a reason in clause 4(c) above, we will provide a refund.
- We will not cancel your tour unless it is absolutely necessary but reserve the right to cancel an advertised tour and/or your booking if:
- we do not receive the minimum number of bookings for a tour; or
- due to staff illness; or
- force majeure or event/s beyond our control. (For example: the declaration of a state of emergency; the declaration of a health emergency such as an epidemic or pandemic, including any quarantine, isolation or other measure or restriction; road closures, floods, fire, severe storms, etc.) occurring prior to or during a tour.
In which case we may to the extent permitted by law:
- vary the tour; or
- postpone the tour and transfer your booking to a revised tour date; or
- within 30 days refund you any payments made to us.
- In the case of walking tours, for those individuals or small groups who attend a booked tour at the allotted time at the start location and there are excessive hot or wet conditions, we will provide a full refund of the tour cost.
- In the case of a storm or force majeure or event/s beyond our control as stated above, we will stop the tour at that point and refund the percentage of the costs based on the time into the tour after deducting applicable tour costs.
- Indemnity and waiver
- Website and advertised tours
- This website or other marketing material produced by us may contain information about activities which by reason of their physical exertion or the degree of physical fitness required may be unsuitable or dangerous for certain persons, or it may describe activities which are inherently dangerous.
- Canberra Secrets makes no representations of fact, nature, quality and suitability about any or all of the activities promoted by Canberra Secrets and you agree that you will be responsible for first satisfying yourself by independent enquiry or advice as to the suitability of the particular activity Canberra Secrets exercises due care and skill in preparing and compiling the information provided on this website and on all tours, as well as providing safe travel.
- Notwithstanding, Canberra Secrets disclaims all liability, including liability for negligence and for any inaccurate information, loss, damage, injury, expense or cost incurred by any person on tour as a result of travelling on tour, and accessing, using or relying on any of the information provided on tours to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- Liability during tours
To the extent permitted by law:
- We will not be liable in any circumstance: for any personal injury or damage to property of any kind resulting from your negligence, you not complying with our instructions, you acting in contravention of our policies, or you committing an illegal act during the tour; any loss of or damage to your property; and any consequential loss suffered by you.
- Our total liability to you for all claims of loss or damage arising from the tour in any way is limited to an amount equal to the money we have actually received from you.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss, damage, omission or act of negligence committed by a third party who is providing goods or services to you while you are on the tour.
- We will not be liable, and you will indemnify us, for any loss, damage, omission or act of negligence committed by you while you are on the tour.
- Insurance (indemnity/travel)
- Canberra Secrets has indemnity insurance to the value of $20 million in the unlikely event that an incident occurs on a tour. This is purely as a precaution and Canberra Secrets always carefully manages tours to minimise risk to our customers.
- Tour participants must obey the relevant laws when travelling in the Australian Capital Territory and New South Wales and should make themselves aware of these prior to arrival in these states and not to create a hazard at any time.
- For those travelling interstate from or overseas, we highly recommend Travel Insurance in the event of customers not being able to attend a paid tour.
- If you become ill during the tour and are required to get tested for COVID-19, we will endeavour to organize medical or other transport for you, but at your own cost.
- Depending on the nature of your dealings with us, we collect and hold personal information, such as your name, address, contact details, date and place of birth, financial details and all other information that you provide us or we collect during the course of you booking a tour with us.
- We collect personal information from you directly when you personally provide that information to us, for example, in person, over the telephone, electronically or through written correspondence.
- We hold information in several ways, including electronically (such as electronic databases and email contact lists) and in hard copy.
- We may use your personal information to send you newsletters, updates, invitations and other material about our services. Where you have consented to receiving these communications, that consent will remain current until you advise us otherwise. You can opt out at any time by contacting us on the email address notified in these terms and conditions.
- We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information that is reasonably necessary for us to carry out our business activities. We will only provide your personal information to a third party when necessary to be able to provide you with services you have booked with us, for example to other suppliers involved with the tour.
- You may contact us at any time if you have any questions or concerns about the way in which your personal information has been handled. You may also request at any time information about the personal information we hold for you. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time.
- We may take your photo, and unless advised otherwise, posing for photos while on tour gives Canberra Secrets PTY LTD the right to use the image on social media or other forms of promotion. Names of people in the images will not be included and individuals will not be tagged.
- Feedback / Complaints
- Feedback regarding the organisation or conduct of a tour is welcomed and we appreciate you telling us on the day so any issues can be suitably addressed.
- We will do our utmost to provide you with an enjoyable experience however we acknowledge that given the many variables this may not always be possible.
- Governing Law
You agree that:
- this agreement is governed by and shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Australian Capital Territory, Australia.
- any claim arising under this agreement must be brought in the Courts in the Australian Capital Territory or in New South Wales as applicable.
- Costs – suppliers only
- Where Canberra Secrets incurs costs as shown by a valid booking, request, or email with a supplier, an invoice must be produced within 12 months to a payment to be made.
- Where invoices are not received in that time, no payment will be made unless by prior arrangement.
Canberra Secrets PTY LTD
PO Box 585 Jamison ACT 2614
+61 419 209 703