Exclusive Personalised ToursAn exclusive personalised Canberra Secrets tour is Canberra Secret’s premium product. No one knows Canberra better than Marg Wade. Marg will tailor a premium tour especially for you or your group. This is ideal for the discerning traveller, or the corporate or diplomatic sector. You may wish to see behind-the-scenes, enjoy private viewings, incorporate top-quality visits to Canberra’s best sights and experiences, and be welcomed at Canberra’s top restaurants and wineries. Whatever you are looking for, simply contact Marg to discuss your requirements. With two decades of researching and promoting Canberra on radio, television and in print, Marg is the ‘Go To’ person to ensure you will experience the very best Canberra has to offer. Contact us to book now! These tours run on demand. Flexibility is key — let us know your interest and the tour will be designed to suit. You will be escorted throughout Canberra, visiting the sights, learning about the establishment of the capital and gaining a local’s insights and discovering Canberra ‘secrets’. This tour is your key to unlocking Canberra’s heart and soul.
What sets Canberra Secrets Exclusive personalised tours apart from others?
- Five-star standard. You are getting a tour with the very best – author and Canberra identity, Marg Wade.
- Marg has published three editions of a very successful guidebook to Canberra, Canberra Secrets.
- Decades of in-depth research as well as keeping up to date with what’s happening in Canberra now.
- Your tour leader is a passionate Canberran, a font of knowledge, and loves to share things past, present and also the natural environment – yes, for our international friends she’ll find kangaroos for you – she also has a secret technique to get up close and personal!
- Marg has regular guest spots on local radio stations so knows what’s interesting and topical.
- You’ll discover and see quirky things about Canberra that you won’t learn from anywhere else.
- These tours are not filled with tired, churned-out tourist rhetoric. You will receive high standard service, factual up-to-date information, entertaining narrative, great stories of things from ‘behind the scenes’, see the sights, and, most importantly, you’ll have fun!
Your tour will be designed to suit your interests and may include:
- Taking in the view from Mt Ainslie and learning about the Walter Burley Griffin’s plan for the capital
- Travelling past the memorials on Anzac Parade and throughout the Parliamentary Triangle
- Viewing national attractions including the Parliament House, Museum of Australian Democracy, National Archives, Australian War Memorial, National Museum and Carillon, Botanic Gardens, Canberra Nature Park, and visiting some of these — perhaps a visit to a blockbuster exhibition is in order?
- Question time at Parliament House (when Parliament is sitting)
- Spotting kangaroos
- City architecture
- Learning about Canberra’s cultural, natural and pioneering heritage
- Experiencing the Last Post Closing Ceremony at the Australian War Memorial.
- Each tour provides you with a unique experience. You’ll see the sights but also discover the ‘secrets’ and the quirky things that are little known, behind the scenes. Tours vary to allow flexibility, spontaneity and to give you the best possible experience.
- You will be collected from your hotel, or at a central point in the city at 9.30am and be returned at around 5.30pm. While you are transported in air-conditioned comfort, there will be some walking, so please wear comfortable shoes, sunscreen, and wear a hat.
- Limousine transport
- A guided kayak tour of the lake, or a hot-air balloon or helicopter flight over the heart of Canberra
- Making your own silver pendant at a leading silver and gold gallery
- An exclusive tour of a nano-brewery (or other breweries) or gin distillery
- An exclusive visit to Canberra’s newest (and smallest) gallery, or the pick of Canberra’s galleries and art installations
- A light lunch — or why not upgrade to a premium two- or three-course lunch in one of Canberra’s top-rated restaurants; perhaps a delightful rural setting or local winery; or maybe a relaxed tapas-style lunch with a choice of over 150 different gins?
- Tapping into what is happening in Canberra and being part of the festivities
- Shopping at some of Canberra’s designer label op-shops; or hunting out some specialty products. What about an exclusive Chinese antique furniture gallery?